How To Properly Winterize Your Above Ground Pool
The summer has come to an end and its time to close the pool. Here are the steps you will need to take in order to ensure your pool equipment is properly winterized.
1. Test your water chemistry several days prior to the day you plan on closing your pool. You will want to make sure your chemicals are adjusted to acceptable levels.
2. Vacuum & brush the pool. The water level will have to be lowered and vacuuming is a great way to knock out 2 birds with one stone.
3. In addition to adjusting your ph, alkalinity, & chlorine levels, you will want to add a bottle of preventative algaecide & shock the pool. The amount of shock will vary depending on the gallons of your pool.
4. Lower the water level below the skimmer.
5. Remove all drain plugs from the pump, filter, chlorinator, & anything else that holds water, and drain any water from hoses or piping.
6. Plug the return lines and skimmers with the appropriate plugs.
7.Cover the pool & secure it with winch cable under the top ledge.
8. Have a cover pump handy to pump water off of the cover as it gathers over the winter months.